Friday, April 2, 2010

Question 8

Because sometimes asking the right questions is the answer.

8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?

ZOMG. I already feel like my life is ending slowly, and I'm only 20. I think most of my life would be the same, actually. I would still toil away in college to get a degree to get a better job because if everyone's life span is shorter, the bachelor's degree would be relevant again. I think I'd be more adventurous. My parents sheltered me away for the first 18 years of my life, and I'm having a really hard time adjusting to the fact that my parents don't control me anymore. Even though I live in Denton, and they have no idea what I do up here, I behave like they're breathing down my back.

I would spend more money. I hate money anyway because it's completely pointless to horde and store it away. Until you need it for an emergency. Then you never seem to have enough money. And then if you save all your money, and you die, then the money is just passed to someone else and it causes fights and heartache. It's just dumb, especially since money is essentially worthless; it only has the value we place on it, and frankly, we place too much value on it since it's fake! Money makes me angry. But I'd spend more of it. I wouldn't just go out and buy things hap-hazardously just because I wanted to spend it, but I'd splurge on a good vacation or give more to charity. But I could do this now, and anyway, it would all depend on how much money I actually end up having.

I would also put more of a priority on having a family. I really want a husband and children and a house of my own anyway, but if I only live to be 40, I couldn't use my current plan of not having a baby before 25, preferably as late as 30. I could not have children at all, but I would still like to be married. And I wouldn't actually buy a house if we only lived to be 40, that seems pointless.

Current state of the union.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Knit happens. - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords