Friday, March 26, 2010

Because sometimes asking the right questions is the answer.

3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?

The answer to the first part is easy. Society. Basically, we're roped into the concept of life being go to school, graduate, go to school some more, graduate, fall in love, get married, have 2.5 kids and the white picket fence, and then work until we die, right? That's generally what most people do. It doesn't matter if we don't like our majors or jobs or that we accidentally had kids, we need to work to pay bills, not to find happiness. So we do things we don't like to live.


The liking things we don't do, I don't know. I actively participate in that though. I love knitting and sewing, but I don't do them because I'm busy doing things I don't like, ie: homework, cleaning, etc.

So my answer to both is, we do the things we don't like to make time for the things we do like, and we don't do the things we like because we're doing the things we don't like.

Try saying that 5 times fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Knit happens. - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords