Monday, June 21, 2010

Formspring

I got a formspring because I find it interesting. You can ask me stuff too! But I like my first question and it was asked anonymously.



The interesting part is the "different people/different priorities" bit.

I say all the time that Anthony and I are opposites. I think he's as opposite from me as possible without one of us wanting to kill the other (or probably without one of conceding, read: me.) Not that it's a bad thing. I would also kill someone who was like me. I like that I'm the frenzied control freak and Anthony is the calm voice of reason and logic. I freak out and yell, and Anthony reminds me that swearing and being anxious doesn't help anything. It's surprisingly balanced considering I have a potentially obnoxious personality.

Merriam-Webster defines priorities as 1) a preferential rating or 2) something given or meriting attention before completing alternatives. I googled how to set priorities, and the first step is to know your values (which I do) and to picture where you want to be in 5 years. I don't have a lot of foresight when it comes to my life, but I don't think that's a bad thing (how I handle it: anxiety, crying, panic attacks; that's probably bad, but as far as taking things as they come: not bad.)

My Priorities

  1. To not get pregnant and have to move back to Ennis.
    This is actually my biggest fear. Pretty much everyone who grew up in this town ends up moving back. Not that it's always a bad thing, but I am bound and determined to not live here.
  2. Get a job.
    One for the summer and one in Denton so I don't even have to move back to Ennis over the summer.
  3. Graduate college.
    Simple enough.
  4. Have a career that I enjoy (aka one that utilizes my fibers degree.)
    This one might not be possible.

See, this doesn't even seem like priorities as much as a to do list. I have no clue. I've changed my major once, and I'm looking for a minor. And seeing as how I don't know, I don't know how FC knows.

But thank you for saying I'm cute. I take all forms of flattery (unless you're a creepy old man.)

1 comment:

 
Knit happens. - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords